LOST season 6 countdown

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Marvel's 70th Birthday

Last night I went to Marvel Comics 70th Birthday Party at Cosmic Monkey. Pretty fun stuff. All Marvel products were 50% off, so I snatched up the Amazing Adult Fantasy Omnibus that I have had my eye on for years. I never have $75 to spend on comics, but $37.50? Sold!

I also got to meet Spider-Man again. He didn't seem to remember me, but I guess I look a lot different than I did at 7. He would not hold up a sign saying KRONSER IS A PUNK.

All in all a pretty fun time. They even had a birthday cake that looked like Marvel Comics #1. I did not eat any as I don't really like cake and doing so would have caused the cake to go from 'Near Mint' to 'Damaged' fairly quickly. No one wants that on their conscience.
And to think that you only need to know all 70 years of continuity to understand EARTH X.

No comments: